Thursday, January 24, 2013

winter skin blues

one of the worst things about winter (in my opinion), is that the cold, brisk air completely dries out my skin. i do a pretty good job at keeping my face and neck hydrated and looking healthy, but the rest of my body needs a lot more help. here are a few products i have used to help combat the winter skin blues.

one: eye cream
for the past year i have been using an olay eye cream. it is a great product, but due to the cooler temperatures i wanted an eye cream that was more hydrating. this ole henriksen eye cream has a much heftier price tag, but the luxurious quality of this product can't be beat!

two: moisturizer
i have been using this moisturizer on and off for years, and it is great for both the winter and summer! although it's a light weight moisturizer, it does an incredible job at keeping my face and neck hydrated without feeling oily.

three: lip balm
i have been using this vaseline lip therapy for a few months now and i love it. it is so good that i don't find myself needing to apply it as often as a regular chapstick.

four: body lotion
i am pretty picky when it comes to body lotion. i don't want the fragrance to be too overwhelming, and i don't want there to be a residue leftover either. this oatmeal and shea butter body lotion from st. ives is lightly scented and it dries much faster than any other body lotion i have ever used!

five: aquaphor
aquaphor is a miracle worker on dry chapped skin. this is a product that i use strictly at night due to its greasy consistency. i tend to use this on my elbows, knees, and feet and it seriously blows my mind how well it works!

2 comments:

  1. I am definately going to check out your eye cream recommendation. This winter is aging me!! Yikesssss.

    x
    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/
    check us out? follow us back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a major dry skin problem in the winter, even in Cali. I'll have to try that vaseline lip balm!

    Christine In Color

    ReplyDelete